Caramel Apple Popcorn Recipe
Not a lot better than a quick, easy and delicious DIY Caramel Apple Popcorn Recipe to “fall back” into this weekend. This one’s got a perfect combination of tart, sweet and spice from apple cider. YUM!
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup apple cider
1/2 tsp apple extract
1 tsp baking soda
6 cups popped popcorn
10 caramel candies cut into bite size pieces.
– Prepare popcorn
– In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter, brown sugar, apple cider and apple extract together; stirring until sugar has dissolved
– Allow to lightly simmer for 5 minutes
– Add baking soda and stir. Mixture will expand and thicken.
– Add popcorn and stir until evenly coated
– Spread on a lined baking sheet and allow to cool
– Cut caramel candies into small pieces and toss into popcorn once it has cooled and set
– Break up, divide into bowls (or serving bowl) and enjoy
If you liked this recipe, you’d probably also like: