Summertime is coming to an end and back to school mode is in full effect! Celebrate one of the last weekends of summer with your family, outside with your not so typical, Popcorn Stand! Not to knock lemonade stands, yes they’re delicious, yes they’re refreshing, but come on…who would pass up some freshly popped popcorn on their afternoon or evening stroll?! (Not us) We gathered some of our favorite little ones and opened our End of the Summer Popcorn Stand for business.
What you’ll need:
– Freshly popped popcorn
– Your favorite collection of Kernel Season’s Popcorn Seasoning
– Poster board or even a cardboard box (you’ll need an catching sign to get your customer’s mouths watering)
– No chairs (you’ll be so busy selling your delicious treat 😉 )
How to set it up:
This is the perfect budget friendly, easy DIY family time activity.
– Pop popcorn anyway you’d like (microwave bag, stove top, air popper, etc.)
– Grab your everyday folding or card table with a table cloth
– We took your everyday paper lunch bags to serve our popcorn in
– Set up your favorite seasonings on the table
– Have the kiddos but their artistic talents to the test on a card board box or poster board
– Lastly, enjoy the last few days out in the sun with family, friends and deliciously seasoned popcorn!
New to our popcorn blog? Welcome! Want to see all the deliciousness you’ve been missing out on? We don’t blame you :). If you missed Shark Week, that’s okay, you can your fix with our last post, Shark Bait Popcorn and Chum Bars!
We love hearing from our fans, leave us a comment below with how you like this recipe! If you’re popping up what we’re putting out and want more (who wouldn’t), follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter for more updates, free prizes and delicious popcorn! If you’re interested in more tips and tricks to ultimate DIY popcorn bars, stay tuned!
The holidays are here! For us that means holiday POPCORN. 🙂 It also means LOTS of food and friends at holiday parties. Whether you’re hosting, toasting or simply looking for a fun activity for the kids, these holiday popcorn ideas are a great add to the party! Check out some the ways we’re making this season extra merry and bright. 🙂
Small Gift Idea/Dessert To Pass: Poppy Chow Treats on the Go
Holiday cookies are delicious, but if you’re looking to shake it up with something a little less time consuming, check out this delicious Poppy Chow recipe! Not only can you put this on the dessert table as a sweet treat to share, but this recipe is easily pack-able into cute holiday themed bags. Send them home with guests as a memento of how A-MAZE-ING (get it?? That was a corn joke…) your holiday party was.
– 12 cups popped popcorn
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 12 oz bag chocolate chips
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– Prepare popcorn
– Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds
– Melt peanut butter in microwave, about 30 – 60 seconds
– Combine melted chocolate and peanut butter
– In a large paper bag, add popcorn and chocolate peanut butter mixture
– SHAKE! (shake until popcorn is completely coated)
– Add powdered sugar and shake again 🙂
An Idea For the Family Friends: A Host/Hostess Gift Everyone Will Love
Create your own family movie night gift basket! With lots of different flavors to choose from, family movie night quickly will turn into an episode of Top Chef. Want to make it even better? Include movie tickets or a Fandango card for Mom & Dad to have a night OUT and a fun Christmas DVD for the kids to have a popcorn party movie night IN!
– Full Kernel Season’s Seasoning Kit
– 1 of each Crunchin’ Kernels (White Cheddar, Ranch, Original and Kettle Corn)
Check out how to fill your basket here!
An Idea For the Party Planner: D.I.Y Winter Wonderland Popcorn Bar
A do-it-yourself themed popcorn bar is the perfect way to “wow” your guests this holiday season. Whether you’re hosting a holiday bash or a small gathering with friends, everyone will be blown away by how fun and creative a popcorn bar can be. The best part is that it’s great for all ages (including the kiddos!). Check out how we created a Winter Wonderland Popcorn Bar in four easy steps (well more like three if you don’t count basking in your glory as a step ;)).
Winter Wonderland Popcorn Bar Instructions
– Find your space and plan your theme
– Select what you’ll want to serve the popcorn in and how you’ll serve it
– Pick your toppings (if you ask us, we think 15 seasoning flavors are just enough 😉 )
– Set up your table, sit back, relax and watch your guests enjoy all your delicious work!
An Idea For the Kids: Make A Gingerbread House that “POP”s
Did you know that if you pop raw white kernels they turn into fluffy piles of “snow”? 🙂 An activity for the kids + holiday decor for your party= win/win.