Even though it’s the end of Summer, we’re still feeling hot, hot, hot! This Jalapeño Popper Popcorn recipe will have you feeling the heat as we say goodbye to Summertime. We’re also introducing our NEW Spicy Movie Theater Butter!
– 6 cups popped popcorn
– 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños
– 6-8 slices thick cut bacon (cooked crispy)
– 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1) Prepare popcorn. For this recipe it is important to use your stove top
1.5) Add 3 Tbsp of KS Spicy Movie Theater Butter to a large pot. Drop 3 kernels in, cover and turn heat to medium high
1.75) Once kernels have popped add 1/2 cup of kernels and shake pot gently until popping has stopped
2) Cook bacon until crispy (we prefer to cook ours in the oven at 400° for 15-20 minutes)
3) While bacon is cooking, chop pickled jalapeños into small pieces
4) Once bacon has cooled turn oven down to 250° and chop bacon into bite size pieces
5) For a little extra kick, drizzle 1-2 Tbsp of Spicy Movie Theater Butter over freshly popped popcorn
6) Now it’s time for the fun part, add chopped jalapeños and bacon to popcorn; stir until evenly incorporated
7) Once everything is set, add popcorn to a lined baking sheet, sprinkle shredded cheese on top
* We added a few sliced jalapenos on top, we like the extra heat 😉 *
8) Bake at 250° until cheese has melted
9) Add to a bowl and enjoy!
New to our popcorn blog? Welcome! Want to see all the deliciousness you’ve been missing out on? We don’t blame you 🙂 Summer has come to an end but that doesn’t mean you can’t have one last hurrah with the kiddos. Check out our last blog post, DIY End of Summer Popcorn Stand for some fun in the sun with the family these last few weekends of “summer”!
We love hearing from our fans, leave us a comment below with how you like this recipe! If you’re popping up what we’re putting out and want more (who wouldn’t), follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter for more updates, free prizes and delicious popcorn! If you’re interested in more tips and tricks to ultimate DIY popcorn bars, stay tuned!
When you need that little extra kick, this Mexican Hot Chocolate Popcorn recipe is exactly what you’re looking for. Rich, chocolaty popcorn with a kick of spice.
– 6 cups prepared popcorn
– Chocolate almond bark (1 package)
– 1/2 cup hot chocolate mix
– 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper (more depending on personal preference and taste)
– Prepare popcorn
– Melt almond bark following package instructions
– Add popcorn and melted almond bark to a bag (plastic works best) and shake until evenly coated
– Add hot chocolate mix and cayenne pepper to the bag and shake until popcorn is evenly coated
– Spread onto parchment paper and allow to cool and for chocolate to set